The weather is cooler and that provokes in me a deep desire to cook and bake. All though I love to do it year round and it is a huge way of bonding for my family, I tend to do it in excess during the fall/winter seasons. Now I know my blog is not a food blog, but I am however a foodie. So from time to time I plan to share some of mine and my families favorite recipes with you all as it has been requested so much from our Facebook followers. If you are not yet a FB follower just click here I’d love to have you 😉
So now on to the good stuff and I mean it when I say good. First I will share with you my recipe for my mock version of Chick Fil A’s delicious chicken nuggets. Now if you are like my family and everyone loves Chick Fil A’, then this is the recipe for you. In my Curlies opinion it is even better because it was made at home. They are total sweeties and happen to love their momma’s cookin’.
**For those with peanut allergies I have tried this recipe with veggie oil in lieu of the peanut oil and my husband actually preferred that over the peanut. It was just as delicious!
**To make this a gluten-free meal use, Pamela’s Gluten-Free Baking Mix in lieu of all-purpose flour making these a perfect gluten-free option.
Chick Fil A’ Nuggets
What you will need:
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, about 4, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- 1¼ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- peanut oil, for frying
- Cube chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, milk and pickle juice. Add the chicken to the egg mixture, stir to combine. Cover and marinate for 3-4 hours.
- In a gallon sized ziplock bag, mix the flour, powdered sugar, and spices until well combined. Add the chicken pieces and shake well.
- In a large cast iron skillet, or frying pan, pour 2 inches of peanut oil. Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add battered chicken to the pan. Cook chicken in batches, turning once half way through, until nuggets are golden brown.
- Drain chicken nuggets on a paper towel and serve.
16 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 tbsp vanilla extract
½ tsp instant coffee
1 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
¾ cup of flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
2 tbsp Powdered Sugar for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 375F.
Melt chocolate and butter in a sauce pan on low. Add vanilla and instant coffee, stir to combine. Allow to cool slightly.
In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
Beat eggs and sugar together until smooth. Add chocolate mixture and beat until smooth. Then add flour mixture, beat until smooth.
Transfer into a 11 x 13 pan, lined with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan, and smooth with a spatula.
Bake 30 mins exactly. Allow to cool for at least 30 mins to 1 hour, but overnight even better! (they will get chewier)
Cut into 3 x 3 squares, sprinkle with powdered sugar (icing sugar)